Those of us that have dogs may have faced the inconvenience of having to run after them after they run away whenever an opportunity presents itself. If you cannot afford professionally installed pet containment systems, and have tried other ways of keeping the dog from running away without success, the SportDog dog fence may just be what you are looking for. The SportDog in-ground fence is a simple and affordable containment system that provides more space and gives your dog more freedom to run around in addition to providing safety and security. The SportDog containment fence is also easy to install and virtually maintenance free.
How the Sportdog In-Ground Fence Works
Like all electric fences, the SportDog electric fence must be correctly installed and the dog given appropriate training for the system to successfully work. If this is adhered to, the success rate is 90% and over. The SportDog in-ground fence lets you decide where you want the boundaries to be and guides you on training your dog to stay within the boundaries. The SportDog electric fence has expert safety features such as anti-linger technology and wire break alarm, and can be expanded to include any number of dogs. The SportDog containment fence is normally installed by burying the wire along your perimeter, marking it with training flags provided and then plugging in the transmitter. Your dog is then fitted with a battery operated, waterproof collar that receives a signal from the perimeter wire. The collar emits an audible sound to alert your dog when he goes too close to the boundary line. If the dog keeps moving towards the line, the collar delivers a harmless but startling static correction to guide the dog back into the safe zone.
Who Should Consider The SportDOG Electric Fence?
There are certain things to consider in order deciding whether the SportDog Electric Fence is for you and your dog:
- You must be available for around 15 minutes three times a day for two weeks to train your dog. This is because the effectiveness of the fence depends on your dog understanding how it works.
- You require a yard that is at least 15ft x 15ft to provide enough space for your dog to safely move around within the boundary and for the fence to properly function.
- You will need a power source near the SportDog electric fence transmitter to install it. The power can be outside or in a nearby shed, home, barn or garage. If you have no accessible power source you will not be able to install an electric dog fence.
- If you have a dog that is aggressive towards other animals or people, the SportDog in-ground fence is not suitable for you to use on its own. This is because electric dog fences are not a safe means of containment for such dogs. You can still use a SportDog electric dog fence by mounting it on a traditional fence and using them together to provide more safety.
- The SportDog containment fence is not suitable for pregnant or infirm dogs. Dogs that are injured or ill should be cared for until they are healthy before being trained to use the SportDog in-ground fence. Likewise, wait until your pregnant dog has had and cared for her puppies before introducing her to the new fence. Always consult your vet before using electric dog fences with very old or chronically ill dogs.
Sportdog In-Ground Fence Format Options
We offer the SportDog In-ground fence in three formats: Basic, Wire Removed and Pro Grade. There are many factors to consider when deciding which type to buy and the product descriptions provide more information to assist you in making an informed choice. The Pro-Grade SportDOG SDF-100A fence type has 1000 ft. of heavy duty pro-grade Wire, a heavy duty pro surge protector, 50 ft. of pro-grade twisted wire and 10 Heavy Duty Dog Fence Staples. The basic SportDOG SDF-100A dog fence includes a small amount of factory grade wire and the SportDog In-ground fence with wire removed allows you to use your own wire.
We always recommend upgrading your dog fence wire to pro-grade wire, especially if you're planning a large installation like the SportDOG in-ground dog fence is capable of. Wire degradation and breakage is a leading cause of breakouts and escapes. Broken wire cannot transmit a signal and leaves your dogs unprotected. Wire breaks are also incredibly inconvenient. By upgrading to a thicker, better coated, pro-grade wire you diminish the chances of repeated wire breaks.
For more information on the SportDOG Containment Fence and other in-ground dog fence options please visit our in-ground dog fence comparison chart and detailed reviews. If you found this information helpful please consider purchasing your SportDog electric fence online from www.flexpetz.com.
Regular Price: $129.99
Our Price $99.95