- Runs on 110V house current
- White and dark brown frame choice
- Can be "hardwired" in wall installations
- Stainless steel locking bar
- Opens only for programmed RFID keys
- Tamper resistant shatterproof black closing panel
- Heavy duty aluminum frame
- Energy efficient - no gaps around panel to let air seep in
- Safe for pets and children - door won't close when there is an obstruction in the opening, no pinched tails or fingers
- Comes with 2 rugged waterproof keys that need no batteries
- 6 ft cord plugs into left OR right side of pet door frame
- 5 year warranty
- Automatically opens when pets approach
- RACCOON PROOF!
This automatic pet door solves a lot of reliability problems that are common with other electronic doors, and is manufactured by a longstanding, reputable company that makes only the best quality products. Our electronic door selection has always been a bit thin, and this is because if we wouldn't buy a door, we won't sell it. With that in mind we are proud to offer this pet door.
This is a "guillotine" style automatic pet door that opens via an electric motor as your pet approaches, but only for pets wearing a Radio Frequency Identification collar key tag. We feel this key type is a superior solution to infrared or ultrasonic keys because of the following features:
- No batteries to replace
- Shock proof
- Thousands of key codes available
- Does not interfere with underground fences
This pet door will open and close for your pets as they approach within about a foot of the door opening. It has an adjustable delay so that you can set how long the door stays open. It can be set as low as 1 second and as high as 15 seconds. The door comes with two alarms, one for obstructions in the doorway, another if it detects tampering with the door. The volume for the alarm functions is easily adjustable. Most of the pet door framing protrudes 1 5/8" off of the surface of the door or wall it is installed in. The motor at the top has an additional cover on it which is an additional 3 1/2" thick. The door closes slowly and is not powered down, it closes by gravity. This makes it safe for your pets, but one thing that this (and every other electronic pet door) doesn't do well is to keep a cat in while letting a dog out. Even with the delay set for the minimum, the door will close slowly enough to let a cat sneak out.
Comes with 2 pre-programmed keys, additional keys are available and the door is easy to program to accept the new keys.
This door also comes in a wall version. The hole that gets cut in the wall is only as large as the pet door opening at the bottom, and the inside of the hole needs to be framed with wood. The pet door does come with the necessary trim pieces to finish off the hole. Instructions on hardwiring the pet door for a wall installation are included.
There Is No Specifications For This Product
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: PlexiDor RFID Electronic Door
Comment / Questions about PlexiDor RFID Electronic Door
There is no comment for this product.
Leave your comment
Once submitted, your comment will be reviewed by Flexpetz. You will receive an e-mail notification of our response.