The best-selling Innotek IUC-4100 is our favorite system for homes with one dog or multiple dogs of the same size and temperament. The IUC-4100 features a contoured, rechargeable collar, a reasonable price, and excellent reliability.
While the IUC-4100 is capable of handling any number of dogs, the system does not feature individually adjustable correction levels, so all dogs on the system are subject to the same correction, which is not ideal for households with dogs that vary greatly in size or temperament.
The collar is the high point of the system. The contoured slim line design with integrated collar band hugs the neck of the dog making the collar unobtrusive and more comfortable than the boxy collars of some competitors. The collar is also waterproof, durable, and most importantly – rechargeable.
The IUC-4100 collar is compatible with Innotek Zone Indoor System (ZND-1000), allowing you to create wireless exclusion zones within your home.
SUMMARY: An all-time favorite, the Innotek IUC-4100 is ideal for single dog households or households with multiple dogs within 20lbs. of each other. The narrow, curved collar is rechargeable and waterproof.
• 500 ft. of boundary wire (20-gauge)
• 2 Waterproof Wire Splices
• 50 Boundary Flags
• Receiver Collar
• Collar Charging Station
• One Set Each Long & Short Prongs
• Instruction Manual and Training DVD
• Rechargeable: The IUC-4100 receiver collar is rechargeable. The integrated lithium ion battery charges atop a cradle that plugs into a wall outlet. The collar needs two hours to fully charge and each charge will last about a month.
• Waterproof: Free of buttons or controls and featuring an integrated plastic band, the IUC-4100 collar is both waterproof and durable. The collar can be fully submerged.
• Slim, Contoured Collar: The IUC-4100 collar is narrow, relatively lightweight, and contoured to wrap around the neck of the dog. Heads and shoulders above some of the boxy, brick-like collars out there.
• ReadyTest: This handy built-in feature prompts the collar to perform a self-diagnostic test each time you take the collar off the charger and place it on your dog. The ReadyTest lets you know that the collar is charged and functional and that you have it correctly fitted to your dog.
• Battery Indicator: The small indicator light within the collar flashes green when the collar has enough charge and red when the charge is getting too low. The red light indicates another 2-3 days of use before the battery is completely discharged.
• Long & Short Prongs Included: The IUC-4100 comes standard with 1 set of each long and short prongs. Beep-only training mode prevents correction during training.
• Compatible With Indoor Zones: The Innotek UltraSmart collar is compatible with the Innotek Indoor Zone. The Indoor Zone allows you to restrict your dog’s access to specific areas of the house.
• One Correction Setting For All Dogs: The only notable downside of this system is the lack of individually adjustable correction settings for each collar. All collars on the system are subject to the same correction settings. This makes the system undesirable for multi-dog households where the dog’s sizes or temperaments vary considerably.
• Field Size: The system can power up to 25 acres and has a switch that allows you to toggle between the lower signal strength for smaller areas and higher signal strength for areas over an acre.
• Correction Field Width: The correction field width setting allows you to set the width of the boundary zone. The zone can be set to any distance from just a few inches up to 10 ft. wide. Generally, 3-5 ft. is suitable, allowing enough of a band to make training easier and run-throughs harder, but not so wide as to eat into the safe space by much.
• 3 Correction Levels: The IUC-4100 offers three levels of correction, however, all dogs on the system are subject to the same settings so you can’t set your large dog’s collar to correct at a higher level than that of your little dog. This does pose an issue for households where there are multiple dogs of varying sizes.
• Wire Break Alert: The transmitter will sound an audible alert to let you know if a wire break occurs and the signal cannot travel around the boundary loop.
• Transmitter Battery Back-Up Switch: In the event of a power failure the transmitter will function for 2-3 days on 8 AAA batteries. The switch on the transmitter must be toggled to battery mode.
• Status Light: The status light on the transmitter shows green for all good and red in the case of a malfunction or wire break.
• Limited Lifetime: The system is covered by a limited lifetime warranty – in essence, a one year full warranty followed by a lifetime of guaranteed repairs at a fixed price.
The Innotek IUC-4100 pairs superior reliability with a great collar design in this best-selling electric dog fence. The slim line, contoured, and rechargeable collar is incredibly durable and fully waterproof even when submerged. The system features 3 progressive correction levels as well as tone-only training mode. The unique Ready Test feature ensures a perfect collar fit each time you take the collar from the charger and fit it to your dog.
- Rechargeable containment collar
- Ready Test Feature™ Test light
- Water proof Collar
- 5 Distinct Correction Levels
- Indoor & Outdoor compatible with wireless units
- Ultra thin styling and profile
- Polycarbonate Collar (Lightweight resistant to dog chews)
- Anti Linger + progressive correction
- Lower Battery indicator light
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Covers up to 20 acres
- Built in Battery backup feature
- Internal Surge protection
- Audible wire & Surge Break alarm
- Limited Life Time Warranty
Great upgrade from the invisible fence brand system Review by Dorri
Quality Value Price
This is a great system, just ditched my Invisible Fence Brand system after talking to flexpetz. i had been paying over 20 dollars a battery for the last ten years, I am very afraid to add up the total cost i incurred, probably enough to put one of my kids through college. Hook up of the new replacement system was quite easy, and i am absolutely loving the rechargeable batteries. I realize what a scam invisible fence was ans should have made the change years ago..great system very pleased. The absolute only complain I have is the rubber collar, was accustomed to the invisible fence system nylon..but not the end of the world..can just replace it i guess. (Posted on 12/18/2012)
Thumbs Up Review by Jef
Quality Value Price
Wow I just bought the IUC-4000 and This is the absolute best E fence I have ever had the pleasure of using, I don’t think my dog minds much either, The collar fits well, he responds great to the tone only training and I really makes me happy to see him happy so thank again FlexPetz.com
-Randall Jefry, ID (Posted on 10/2/2012)
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing: Innotek UltraSmart Dog Fence
Comment / Questions about Innotek UltraSmart Dog Fence
There is no comment for this product.
Leave your comment
Once submitted, your comment will be reviewed by Flexpetz. You will receive an e-mail notification of our response.