The PetSafe Deluxe is a middle-of-the-road fencing option. It is reliable and the best all-around fence offered by PetSafe. The system can handle up to 25 acres and is heads and shoulders above the entry level PetSafe Basic. The collar has five levels of correction levels and is compatible with any other PetSafe system. This means that if you have the need for a specific purpose system (like the Little Dog) but also have a larger pooch, you could install the Little Dog system and then add a Deluxe collar for your larger breed. The system does use a proprietary non-rechargeable battery – a big disadvantage. But the collar is reasonable sized and full-featured. The Transmitter has all the usual features as well as a grounding wire terminal for those who prefer the grounding to a lightening protection module.
SUMMARY: A good mid-level system, the PetSafe Deluxe is reliable but lacks key features of other systems at the same price point (like rechargeable collar. A good system for multi-dog households where collar inter-compatibility (Stubborn Dog, Little Dog) is needed.
- 500 ft. of 20-gauge boundary wire
- 50 Boundary Flags
- 2 Waterproof Wire Splices
- Transmitter Box
- Receiver Collar
- 1 Set of Standard Prongs
- Instruction Manual
- 4 Correction Levels: The PetSafe Deluxe collar is an upgraded version of the Basic Collar. Four progressive correction levels are set right on the collar. Each collar on the system can have it’s own correction levels.
- Compatible With Other PetSafe Systems: The Deluxe collar is compatible with other PetSafe systems. If you need a Stubborn or Little Dog collar it may be cheaper to buy that system and add a Deluxe collar.
- Non-Rechargeable Proprietary Battery: One major disadvantage of this system is the disposable proprietary battery. These batteries cost about $4 each. You’ll get 3-4 months out of each battery, so this is something to consider when you’re comparing cost.
- Battery Warning Light: Illuminates to let you know that the battery is running low, especially helpful since the batteries have to be purchased from specialty pet stores. • Standard Prongs: The system includes one set of standard prongs. Long prongs can be purchased separately. Alternatively, you can usually get away with the regular prongs by trimming down the dog’s coat where the prongs need to make contact.
- Compatible With Pods: The Deluxe collar is also compatible with PetSafe indoor Pods; these allow you to create exclusion zones within your house to effectively keep your dog off of furniture or out of certain areas of the home. TRANSMITTER FEATURES
- Loop Light: Let’s you know when the boundary is up and working or when it’s not.
- Boundary Width Control: You’ll use this knob to set the width of the boundary zone (the distance from the wire to the spot where the collar is first activated and gives the warning tone). Wider boundaries are harder for a dog to run through but also eat into the yard area. Narrower boundaries can be difficult to train with.
- Boundary Size Switch: This switch is set based on the size of your installation and won’t change unless you expand or reduce the linear feet of wire you’ve installed. This system handles up to 25 acres.
- Ground Wire Terminal: This additional terminal gives you the option to install a ground wire rather than a supplementary lightening protection module if you have (or want to install) a grounding rod.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty: A full one year warranty followed by a lifetime of discounted, fixed-rate repairs.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $89.95
Special Price: $64.95
Regular Price: $99.99
Special Price: $74.95
Regular Price: $119.95
Special Price: $99.95
Regular Price: $67.99
Special Price: $58.95
Great price and Great product Review by Ronwood Islip NY
Value Quality Price
i have to admit PetSafe Deluxe In-Ground Fence (PRF-304W) is one great product since it works perfectly for my 9 pound dog. Once it's installed, it gives you peace of mind. Definitely keeps my dog contained, but the casing for the collar is pretty cheap construction and the wire in the kit is extremely cheap, I can see this breaking rather easily.
(Posted on 6/28/13)
what! Review by Geon
Price Value Quality
For months now I have been contemplating buying this fence. At first I thought I could go without it but I quickly learned that I was wrong. I also figured that the quality of this type of fence would be somewhat low grade but after purchasing the fence and setting up everything I quickly began to understand just how wrong I was. The first week was a little hard seeing as my dog had never experienced anything like it prior to this system, but after that, things began to get easier and now things are better than ever and I must now give thanks to flexpetz for making it all possible.
-Geon Lockart, Boston (Posted on 12/20/12)
wonderful Review by MIi
Value Quality Price
PetSafe Deluxe In-Ground Fence (PRF-304W)
I was going crazy day after day running around the town in search of my dog Lilly. She never seemed to be where I tied her up, ever time off she ran until she was out of sight and into every trash can she could sniff out. I was so close to just giving up but before I could make up my mind FlexPetz.com came to the rescue and solved all my problems. The things they offer are of great value not only to me but to every other pet owner looking for a safe and reliable way to contain their pets.
-Milia Jonez, CO (Posted on 10/2/12)
Write Your Own Review
Comment / Questions about PetSafe Deluxe In-Ground Fence (Discontinued)
There is no comment at this time.
Leave your comment / Questions about PetSafe Deluxe In-Ground Fence (Discontinued)
Once submitted, your comment will be reviewed by Flexpetz. You will receive an e-mail notification of our response.